Saturday, April 18, 2015

Enter Vadania

My childhood was a time of simple innocence.

I lived In a village, deep in the wilds, with my family. I was raised by my mother and father among a tribe of elves. My father was not an elf, but instead a human. Apparently my mother had married another man before, who had fallen in battle, so the man I call my father was not biologically my parent.

The day I turned 100, I was tasked with finding an adult name for myself. Having found a good one, I returned to my camp, only to find it razed to the ground. Both my mother and father were slain in battle, as they had been striding in the open and were easy targets for the beast's wide swoops. I came across my mother's nearly dead body and rushed over to her side. The only words she spoke that I could make out were "Vadania", which roughly translates to goodbye in Elvish. From then on I decided that my adult name would be Vadania, and that I would spend my time
lingering in the shadows, waiting to strike, as that strategy would have been most effective against the green dragon that killed my family.

I came to Greenest to follow a lead I had on the cult of the dragon queen. There I met Auric and Kerri, who would become important allies for my quest in dismantling the cult of the dragon queen.

After breaking away from Auric I went to the harpers, figuring since I joined them I might as well see what they are like but after seeing their methods I realized I needed more power. Beginning to hunt down more and more cult members I spread my name while searching for this power, and finally found it in the name of the Zhentarim. Having no family left of my own, I found it only natural to join their ranks, and began to work for them, honing my skills even further.

Over the various trials I faced, I collected several items that will aid my quest for vengeance. First, I found an incredible broom of flying, hidden in a treasure hoard of the cult. After that I found a hat of disguise (Thanks to donor Austin Laughery). Finally I found a rapier called the Dragon Slayer (Thanks to donor Kevin Anderson) hidden deep within the recesses of an ancient shrine. In my solitude I trained steadfastly, in order to wield this new weapon I became a dual wielder, and my training also made me more alert to ambushes.

Having honed my skills, I am now ready to fight the dragons, and avenge my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment